What you'll learn
- A variety of ways to use a sketch as a starting point
- How to adapt a sketch to fit your photos
- Ideas for reusing a sketch and getting a different look each time
- Tips for using sketches while staying true to your style
- Inspiration for creating with your Studio Calico kits
Kelly Noel has been an art lover her entire life. Scrapbooking was a perfect fit for her, and she started recording her memories in 1997 while in college. She found the online scrapbooking community in late 2004 and was totally obsessed from that time on. Kelly lives in Florida with her husband Tom and their three boys (Jackson, Brady, & Sawyer), and when she's not at one of her boys' baseball games, she's working with Studio Calico's teachers as the Education Content Coordinator.
As Studio Calico's Manager of Education, Lisa helps our teachers get their crafty wisdom out of their head and into the classroom, and occasionally teaches herself. Lisa lives the wholesome midwestern life in Omaha with her husband Matthew and their three sons (Alex, Ben, & Sam) in a midtown neighborhood filled with big trees and old houses. She’s an 11 year crafting industry veteran who loves making, sharing, and creating.
Pam is a pocket page and hybrid scrapbooker on Studio Calico's 2018 Creative Team. She also teaches at Big Picture Classes, where you can learn all about her digital and pocket scrapping techniques. She's a mom of two and a Hematology-Oncology nurse who loves spending her free time documenting her family's memories, whether in pockets or traditional scrapbook pages.
What comes with this class
- 4 start-to-finish videos each (12 total) from Kelly, Lisa and Pam showing how they went from sketch to finished layout. Your teachers will be sharing tips and tricks for adapting layouts to fit the number and sizes of photos you have, and ideas for switching them up to keep your projects looking fresh, no matter how many times you use the same sketch.
- Round robin inspiration: See how each sketch changes as it passes from one artist to another! We'll start each week's lesson with a sketch based on one teacher's work, then each scrapbooker will work from a sketch of the layout created by the person before them.
- 36 all new layouts from Kelly, Lisa, Pam and their contributors
- 48 sketches - 12 sketches based on the teachers' past work, plus 36 more based on the class projects.
- A printable PDF of all of the class sketches
- Access to a class message board and gallery, where you can share and learn with your teachers and fellow students
- Challenges to inspire you to use what you've learned