What you'll learn
- A variety of ways to use a sketch as a starting point
- How to adapt a sketch to fit your photos
- Ideas for reusing a sketch and getting a different look each time
- Tips for getting more photos into your Traveler's Notebook
- How to maximize the small space available in your notebook
- Inspiration for creating with your Studio Calico kits
Kelly Noel has been an art lover her entire life. Scrapbooking was a perfect fit for her, and she started recording her memories in 1997 while in college. She found the online scrapbooking community in late 2004 and was totally obsessed from that time on. Kelly lives in Florida with her husband Tom and their three boys (Jackson, Brady, & Sawyer), and when she's not at one of her boys' baseball games, she's working with Studio Calico's teachers as the Education Content Coordinator.
As Studio Calico's Manager of Education, Lisa helps our teachers get their crafty wisdom out of their head and into the classroom, and occasionally teaches herself. Lisa lives the wholesome midwestern life in Omaha with her husband Matthew and their three kids in a midtown neighborhood filled with big trees and old houses. She’s a 18 year crafting industry veteran who loves making, sharing, and creating.
- Barbara Picinich
- Nancy Damiano
- Geralyn Sy
- Heba Alsibai
- Jennifer Wong
- Krystal Idunate
- Lisa Varshine
- Sarah Zayas
- Desiree Lamar
- Laura Wonsik
- Shannon Dombkowski
- Jennie McGarvey
What comes with this class
- 6 start-to-finish videos each (12 total) from Kelly and Lisa showing how they went from sketch to finished project. Your teachers will be sharing tips and tricks for adapting sketches to fit the number and sizes of photos you have, and ideas for switching them up to keep your projects looking fresh, no matter how many times you use the same sketch.
- Round robin inspiration: See how each sketch changes as it passes from one memory keeper to another! We'll start each week's lesson with a sketch based on one teacher's work, then each contributor will work from a sketch of the project created by the person before them.
- 36 all new projects from Kelly, Lisa, and their contributors
- 48 sketches - 12 sketches based on the teachers' past work, plus 36 more based on the class projects
- A printable PDF of all of the class sketches
- Challenges to inspire you to use what you've learned