What you'll learn
- A variety of ways to use a sketch as a starting point
- How to adapt a sketch to fit your photos
- Ideas for reusing a sketch and getting a different look each time
- Tips for using sketches while staying true to your style
- Inspiration for creating with your Studio Calico kits
Jamie is a mom of four, and has been scrapbooking for 14 years. She lives in California where her perfect day consists of 75 degrees, zero traffic, and a good cup of coffee. She loves all aspects of documenting, from taking so many photos, to all the cute supplies, to journaling memories.
Nancy is a married mom to one boy and favorite aunt to a little troop of nieces and nephews. They are a huge part of her life and scrapbooks. She loves a good design and even better story. She has a passion for the color aqua, Disney World, and anything paper + craft. She's been working with color and creating handmade things most of her life, and has worked with many different scrapbooking manufacturers, magazines, and online retailers over the past 10 years.
Kelly Noel has been an art lover her entire life. Scrapbooking was a perfect fit for her, and she started recording her memories in 1997 while in college. She found the online scrapbooking community in late 2004 and was totally obsessed from that time on. Kelly lives in Florida with her husband Tom and their three boys (Jackson, Brady, & Sawyer), and when she's not at one of her boys' baseball games, she's working with Studio Calico's teachers as the Education Content Coordinator.
- Anna Komenda
- Anna-Maria Wolniak
- April Foster
- Ashley Horton
- Bea Valint
- Catherine Davis
- Eunyoung Lee
- Evelyn Yusuf
- Flora Farkas
- Gail Lindner
- Gina Lideros
- Irit Landgraf
- Jen Chapin
- Lisa Truesdell
- Magdalena Hanell
- Maggie Massey
- Mandie Pierce
- Meghann Andrew
- Melanie Louette
- Pam Baldwin
- Raquel Bowman
- Stefanie Ried
- Zinia Amoiridou
What comes with this class
- 4 start-to-finish videos each (12 total) from Jamie, Nancy and Kelly showing how they went from sketch to finished layout. Your teachers will be sharing tips and tricks for adapting layouts to fit the number and sizes of photos you have, and ideas for switching them up to keep your projects looking fresh, no matter how many times you use the same sketch.
- Round robin inspiration : See how each sketch changes as it passes from one artist to another! We'll start each week's lesson with a sketch based on one teacher's work, then each scrapbooker will work from a sketch of the layout created by the person before them.
- 36 all new layouts from Jamie, Nancy, Kelly and their contributors
- 48 sketches - 12 sketches based on the teachers' past work, plus 36 more based on the class projects.
- A printable PDF of all of the class sketches
- Access to a class message board and gallery, where you can share and learn with your teachers and fellow students
- Challenges to inspire you to use what you've learned