What you'll learn
- 20 creativity stretching techniques featuring a variety of art mediums
- The ins and outs of working with acrylic paint, watercolors, reinkers, gel medium, gesso & silkscreens
- Tips for incorporating mixed media techniques into your memory keeping projects
- Marbling with Color Theory reinkers
- Watercolor cloud techniques
- Image transfers with gel medium
- Split fountain screen print technique
- Creating textures with gel medium
As one of Studio Calico’s graphic designers, Tina Aszmus often utilizes different art mediums in her designs and personal work. With watercolor being her go to medium, she often creates simple patterns and backgrounds and is inspired most by her surroundings. Tina lives in Anchorage, Alaska with her husband and son. When she’s not creating for Studio Calico, she’s usually painting, scrapbooking or thrifting.
Just a few years ago, scrapbooking was just one part of my artistic activity, and I only did it because I wanted to archive some of life’s moments. It quickly developed into one of my passions and my way of life. One thing that hasn't changed is that I'm still doing it for pleasure! I’m a mother to an almost 9-year-old son Jaś, a wife to a wonderful and terribly handsome man, and a resident of a cozy (though tiny) flat on the seventh floor of a skyscraper. Currently, I work for my dream company—Studio Calico. I’ve been there for three years now, and it makes me happy! I’m also a mixed-media teacher and travel all over Europe with my workshops. I really love this job!
What comes with this class
- 5 videos from Tina Aszmus & 5 detailed tutorials from Anna-Maria Wolniak, each sharing a mixed media technique and project
- 10 additional tutorials and projects from our contributors
- A class message board and gallery where you can interact & share your work with your teachers and classmates