What you'll learn
- Photography - Pick up tips for editing and cropping images, as well as choosing impactful photos for projects.
- Working with a kit - Explore how to marry kit elements to create cohesive layouts that wow.
- Pattern - Learn how to successfully mix and match patterns or create your own designs.
- Embellishing - Approach the fun bits and pieces from kits in a way that takes the process from decorating a page to designing it.
- Stamping - Review techniques and ideas for incorporating stamps to tell visual stories.
Catherine Davis is the Creative Director at Studio Calico. She collaborates with designers and manufacturers to make sure new products are ones she can't wait to use herself. A veteran newspaper designer and Art Director, Catherine moved to Kentucky in 2014 with husband Jim and twin daughters, Maggie and Charlotte. When she’s not working or crafting, Catherine loves bargain shopping, Starbucks, and watching British costume dramas.
What comes with this class
- 5 video lessons from Catherine, each exploring a different method for creating beautiful pages using her favorite design tips
- 5 brand new layouts and multiple past layouts from Catherine, exemplifying her use of specific design methods
- 10 layouts from contributors that share how they use these design methods in their work
- Access to a class message board and gallery, where you can share and learn with your teacher, contributors, and fellow students