This is Me Cover
I love this woodgrain handbook so much! I really need to stock pile a few more.
I was inspired by Anna-Maria Wolniak's December Daily cover from a few years ago and have been playing around with large glitter splatters for a few weeks. When it was time to work on this I decided it was a perfect time to use the technique.
I created the 'me" cut file by writing it myself on my ipad. I saved it and I edited it in photoshop elements to turn it into a .png file. I cut it out on my Cameo from some Neon Pink cardstock. I also cut a larger mask that I could use during the glittering process.
Before I even started on my handbook I did a test run on a piece of cardstock and was happy I did, it helped me decided what I didn't want and go from there.
When I was ready to move to the handbook I attached the mask using removable adhesive and started spattering. I used watered down Embelish It Glue. I sprinkled the glitter on and let it sit for a few minutes, probably 5 and then carefully removed the mask. I was afraid it would dry and stick so I decided to remove it. It took a few hours for the glue to dry down.
I attached the Me with regular dot roller adhesive. I cut a piece of the same Neon Pink paper for the spine and attached some gold thickers to simply spell out me.
I thought a lot about adding more to the cover but decided to let it be for now. I might go back later and add more but I really wanted to set it aside and start working on the inside.
This couldn't be more me so I'm pleased with how it turned out.